About Us JFW Ranch Consulting
Our Mission is building NM big game hunting success, one relationship at a time. Come as a client, leave as a friend.
JFWRC strives to provide all clients with a one of kind experience by customizing outfitted public land and private land elk, deer, antelope and sheep hunts in the ‘Land of Enchantment’. Additionally, we consult on the landowner permit system and assist with the public application system. We are permitted by government agencies in 85% of the state but if we don’t have what you desire for your hunting experience, we will help you find it through our relationships built over the years with other outfitters in New Mexico.
Jim and Kelly Welles are the owners of JFW Ranch Consulting (JFWRC) and have a combination of 50+ years of hunting experience in New Mexico. They both have extensive experience and understanding of the complicated public draw process and enjoy helping others navigate through it.
Jim has had the opportunity to preview and hunt many of New Mexico’s premier big game ranches and has hunted in most public land units. He knows many of NM’s ranch owners and has a clear understanding and stays up to date on Game Commission and Game and Fish management practices. Jim served on the original Landowner Sign-Up-System Committee and the A-Plus Task Force.
Jim and Kelly work with a very loyal team of guides who have extensive experience in NM big game hunting. All of JFWRC guides have a vested stake in the business model as the model itself recognizes their large contribution to your success. Be sure to click on the ‘Guide Gallery’ on the photo page to meet the guys who make JFW Ranch Consulting a success.
More Offerings from JFWRC and Jim Welles
Ranches for Sale
As mentioned above, Jim knows many New Mexico Ranch owners and their ranch properties. He is an Associate Broker with Chas. S. Middleton and Son, which is one of the Southwest’s leading ranch brokerage firms. There is a tab-link on the right side menu bar that will take you to ranches that Chas. S. Middleton and Son have listed in NM. Jim and Charlie Middleton work closely together on the NM ranches listed on this page. If you see something there that interests you, Jim will get you detailed information promptly.
JFW GOES TO SEA!
We have expanded to Hawaii for Extreme Kayak Fishing! If you’re looking for a different kind of fishing trip look no further! Just click on the tab to see our new offering.
- January 10th...draw opens.
- February 7th...deadline for turkey and bear applications.
- February 15th...deadline to report deer, elk, pronghorn, and turkey. Results can be reported online and by telephone. $8 late fee applies after this date. Failure to report these harvests will result in rejection of all draw applications.
- February 21st...results for turkey and bear.
- March 21st...NMDG&F deadline for all big game 5 o'clock Mountain Standard Time. (Our deadline to process outfitter agreements is the 15th.)
- April 7th...deadline to report Barbary, ibex, javelina, and Oryx.
- April 25th...draw results published.
Our Valued Partners
- Charles S. Middleton and Son-New Mexico Ranches
- Diekie Muller Safaris South Africa
- Hunters Trailhead- NM Draw Statistics
- N-Bar Ranch
- New Mexico Dept. of Game and Fish
- New Mexico Council of Outfitters and Guides
- Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
- Wild Sheep Foundation
- Mule Deer Foundation
- Safari Club International
- Wild West Taxidermy and Tannery
- Edwards Taxidermy
- American Wildlife Taxidermy
- Stromei Realty
- Aqua Hunters Kayak Fishing-Hawaii