About Us & More... JFW Ranch Consulting
JFW Ranch Consulting is a New Mexico Big Game Hunting resource. The company offers a wide variety of big game hunt types for all hunting sportsman at all levels, private land or public land. Our Mission Statement: “Building NM big game hunting success, one relationship at a time. Come as a client, leave as a friend.”
We will customize your New Mexico elk, mule deer, antelope, or sheep hunting experience to meet your needs, not ours. We offer a wide range of services including: consultation on the landowner permit system, public application system, and customization of outfitted public and private land elk, deer, antelope, bighorn and barbary sheep hunting in the ‘Land of Enchantment.’ We are permitted by the Government agencies in 85% of the state. If we don’t have what you desire for your hunting experience, we will help you find it through our relationships built over the years with other outfitters in New Mexico.
Chad Williams is our new public (draw) hunts manager. Chad guided for us a number of years. He knows everything there is to know about the state, regulations, hunting opportunities and the application process. Please email Chad at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 505-604-7393 for assistance.
Jim and Kelly Welles, owners of JFW Ranch Consulting (JFWRC), have a combination of 50+ years of hunting experience in NM. Jim has had opportunity to preview and hunt many of NM’s premier big game ranches and has hunted in most public land units. Both have extensive experience and understanding of the complicated public draw process. Jim served on the original Landowner Sign-Up-System Committee and more recently the A-Plus Task Force and is currently serving on the board of the New Mexico Council of Outfitters and Guides. He knows many of NM’s ranch owners and has a clear understanding of their game management practices. He stays tuned in to the Game Commission and Game and Fish management practices and changes. Kelly is the primary manager of JFWRC.
Jim and Kelly work with a very loyal team of guides who have extensive experience in NM big game hunting. All JFWRC guides have a vested stake in our business model as the model itself recognizes their large contribution to your success. Be sure to click on the ‘Guide Gallery’ on the photo page to meet the guys who make JFWRC work.
As mentioned above, Jim knows many New Mexico Ranch owners and their ranch property. He is an Associate Broker with Chas. S. Middleton and Son, one of the Southwest’s leading ranch brokerage firms. There is a tab-link on the right side menu bar that will take you to ranches that Chas. S. Middleton and Son have listed in NM. Jim and Charlie Middleton work closely together on the NM ranches listed on this page. If you see something there that interests you Jim will get you detailed information promptly.
Please browse the site. If you find a hunt or a ranch that interests you, contact us and we will answer your questions promptly. Thank you for clicking on us!
AND MORE…JFW GOES TO SEA! See Jim in the kayak! See Jim with his Jack Trevally!
We have expanded to Hawaii for Extreme Kayak Fishing! If you’re looking for a different kind of fishing trip look no further! Just click on the tab to see our new offering.
- February 8th...deadline for turkey and bear applications.
- February 15th...deadline to report deer, elk, pronghorn and turkey. Results can be reported online and by telephone. $8 late fee applies after this date. Failure to report these harvests will result in rejection of all draw applications.
- February 22nd...results for turkey and bear.
- March 22nd...NMDG&F deadline for all big game 5 o'clock Mountain Standard Time. (Our deadline to process outfitter agreements is the 15th.)
- April 7th...deadline to report Barbary, ibex, javelina and Oryx.
- April 26th...draw results published.
Our Valued Partners
- Charles S. Middleton and Son-New Mexico Ranches
- Diekie Muller Safaris South Africa
- Hunters Trailhead- NM Draw Statistics
- N-Bar Ranch
- New Mexico Dept. of Game and Fish
- New Mexico Council of Outfitters and Guides
- Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation
- Wild Sheep Foundation
- Mule Deer Foundation
- Safari Club International
- Wild West Taxidermy and Tannery
- Edwards Taxidermy
- American Wildlife Taxidermy
- Stromei Realty
- Aqua Hunters Kayak Fishing-Hawaii