New Mexico Elk Hunts
Come to New Mexico and go elk hunting with JFW Ranch Consulting! We offer elk hunts using the outfitter pool as follows:
1. Minimal Guided Elk Hunt– Allows you to come to NM and hunt elk along with a registered and qualified guide for two full days in the unit during your hunt. This service meets the requirements set forth in SB 196 and the rules prescribed by the NM Dept. of Game and Fish. The statute and rules require a guide to accompany an elk hunter in the unit where the license is valid for a minimum of 2 days.
This service includes trophy care, along with field meat care and pack out, as long as the harvest takes place during the actual time contracted but does not include meals or lodging.
If you are successful in the draw, the fee structure for this service is as follows:
- $1,500 Single (1×1)
- $1,800 Double (2×1) or $900 each
- $2,400 Triple (3×1) or $800 each
- $3,000 Quad (4×1) or $750 each. An additional guide may be available for a successful application of 4, at the rate of $3,600 or $900 each.
*16A, 16B, 16D, 36, 37, 53 and 55 are excluded from this minimally guided offering.
2. Fully Guided Elk Hunt (Guided Only)- This Includes a qualified and registered guide whom you will hunt with for 5 full days having his assistance with pack out, as well as field meat and trophy care. This does not include meals, lodging, or transportation.
- 5 days guided- $2,750 1×1; $3,500 2×1; $4,250 3×1; $4,750 4×1.
- Additional days for archery hunts range from $500-$850 depending on group size.
- 5 days- $4,900 1×1; $4,150 each 2×1
- 6.4375% (subject to change) Gross Receipts Tax will be added to all hunts.
- The fees above are not due until/unless you draw your tag.
- Ask about discounts for youth and active military or wounded warriors.
- Additional days for archery hunts are $500 ea/person
- Elk License Fees (Due at time of application)
- Game Hunting $65 (Required to apply for a game license)
- Standard MB and ES $548 (Includes a non-refundable application fee of $13)
- Quality or High-Demand $773 (Includes non-refundable application fee of $13)
- Habitat Stamps $9 for both HMAV and HAB (Required for all public hunts)
JFW Ranch Consulting offers New Mexico elk hunts and is permitted in the following areas:
- Carson National Forest- units 51, 52, and 55
- Gila National Forest- units 15, 16a, 16c, 16d, 16e, 21a, and 23
- Lincoln National Forest- units 34, 36 and 37
- Cibola National Forest- units 10, 13, and 17
- Most BLM Resource Areas